Friday 13 January 2012

The weirdest thing happened to me today.

I was walking to work (my art studio) when this really lovely girl called Nadia stopped me and said she loved what I was wearing. She asked to take a picture of me for a Sunday Style supplemenet that she works for.

I said yes even though I'm really shy and normally hate having my photograph taken. I usually cover my eyes when people take a picture of me. I don't know why, its just this weird thing I do?  If the photograph gets published I will put it up on the blog- although I'm sure it won't.

Nadia said she really liked my style and said I dressed like Alexis Chung. I have no idea who that is. Goodness, I'm sooo out of touch!

Anyway, here are the questions I was asked along with my answers.

Where do you hang out?: We go to a little dive bar in Dalston run by Turkish men drinking White Lightning cider while they Skype their families back home. I love weird, out-of-context bars, rather than swanky places.

What are you reading?: I'm rereading The Great Gatsby, because I gave it to my boyfriend, then realised I can't remember the storyline, and I'm reading Franny And Zooey (or as I like to call it Franney and Chlooey), and I was reading Confederacy Of Dunces and Love In A Cold Climate, but I lost them.

Who is your style icon?: I don't really believe in that. I just dress for me and don't really follow anyone. But I do like; Carine Roitfeld, Miss Piggy, Julie Christie, Jane Birkin, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Lou Doillon, Lydia from The Only Way is Essex, Diana Mitford, My Great Auntie Xanthe, Clémence Poséy, Chantal Biya, Blossom, Six, Benazir Bhutto, Aung San Suu Kyi and the Crazy Homeless Lady that lives on my Road.

Hope that sound okay, eek xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment