Monday 16 January 2012

My life through an Instagram Lense.

I know what you are thinking, "new age fun with a vintage feel". Lolocaust. That video is so my life. But seriously, I do see my life through an instagram lense. Other people's lives are like holiday snaps you get from Boots. Whereas I've always loved Polaroids. When I was a kid I used to take pictures of everyone on my Polaroid. I was so odd like that. Its probably why I collect early 90s electronics. I have a couple of fax machines from when dad worked at Shell. I used to have these really cool old Amstrads, but the Financial Services Authority took them away during the insider trading investigations. I find it truly frustrating that some people have no appreciation of cultural historics. What got me thinking about Instagram photos was this new campaign from Tiffany’s. Its sort of about the idiosyncrasies of relationships. Tiffany's obviously have a real understanding of what makes each and every relationship special and unique.
I look at these photographs and I see that they are a very accurate reflection of my life. I've done my own versions of them with my boyfriend, I'll post them up tomorrow. The one thing I would say is that they are all quite 'Manhattan based' rather than 'Williamsburg based'. I think that may be because of the whole 'we sell diamonds thing', but other than that I think the tone is perfect.
I showed dad them and he loves this aesthetic, he actually wants me to do some photographs (I’m also a photographer) for his company who’ve got like this whole new ad campaign thing. It's ideal really because 'dress like you're on the Titanic' are possibly going to do the soundtrack to the commercial. Okay I can’t say anymore about it or dad will go nuts, but it’s quite exciting. Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment