Thursday 12 January 2012

Me

Hi I'm Chlooey. You pronounce it like "Chloe".  I like the quirky things in life. You could say I'm kinda weird like that. I come from Gloucestershire and moved to Dalston after finishing Uni. It's really cool there. All my friends live nearby and we have like a little art community going on.

My studio space is in Shoreditch and I make installations about farce. I share my space with some great people. Everyone is so creative and lovely- we really just feed off each other's creativity.

Even though I'm only 25 I'm kinda old fashioned. I know I should be out getting drunk with my friends at my age but really, I like having tea parties and making cakes. Weird I know!!

I love knitting and craft and am currently making a wool Wu-Tan Clan (its not very good, drop stitch is so hard!).

I have two cats. One is called Gilbert and the other is called George.

Anyway, I hope you like my blog. Hopefully not too weird......  xxx


1 comment:

  1. I'm really glad that I've found a blog of someone who really appreciates baking as a way to express themselves and relax, rather than as some 'trendy' pastime. A friend of mine showed me a copy of Bertrand Russell's 'In Praise of Idleness' and he seemed to talk a lot about how if everyone spent more time doing what they loved, rather than competing for wages in a job that didn't really reflect who they were, then everyone would be a lot happier. I don't know...I'm sure that not everyone will agree, but I've always been lucky enough to have friends and family who have supported me in enjoying MY life, rather than forcing me to be someone else's idea of what I should be doing, and I can honestly say that although it has NEVER been easy, I feel that I'm a richer person for finding my own way through life. And I think that baking has really played a large part in that process.

    ReplyDelete